We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information and explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
1. When do we collect your personal data?
• When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
• When you create an account with us.
• When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you ask one of our Partners to email you information about a product or service.
• When you enter prize draws or competitions.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on, or review our products and services.
2. Limiting the Collection or Tracking of Personal Information
Packaging2Buy limits its collection or tracking of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
We do not use this information to analyse your visits to any other websites.
3. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Packaging2Buy does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
(a) to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
(b) to Packaging2Buy’s employees, independent contractors, consultants, business associates, suppliers and agents, acting on Packaging2Buy’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
• They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
• We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
An overview of your different rights
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Checking your identity
We keep your information stored on information systems protected by passwords in premises secured by 24/7 monitored alarms.
We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) – ie we have an SSL Certificate which means we can secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
For example, we collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
Consent - In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
If you have given us your details they may be updated, amended or removed at any time – see 4 above.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information (Identified Purposes) We use personal information for the following purposes only:
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you, or make available, personalised offers.
(b) to fulfil your requests for products, services or information
(c) to further understand customer needs regarding Packaging2Buy's products and services
(d) to enable us to review the effectiveness of our website and other marketing initiatives
(e) for administration purposes
(f) to allow you to receive newsletters and inform you of events
(g) to process any request for employment
(h) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request
(i) to protect the services, products or rights of Packaging2Buy, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Packaging2Buy site
(j) to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Packaging2Buy’s site, products and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
If you follow links to other websites from this website we do not control those sites and are not responsible for the use of your data by those site owners.
9. General Data Protection Regulation Policy
Please click here to review our General Data Protection Regulation Policy
Please click here for information about Cookies and how we use them.